Monday, November 26, 2007
It all started about three weeks ago when I went on my routine weekly visit to a rest home. As I was in the midst of my bible study, the nurses rolled in a very unhappy Miss Linda. The nurses had forced her to take a bath and come out of her room. Miss Linda had fallen out of her bed within the week and hurt her back. Although I have heard of an ensuing depression after an elderly person breaks a hip, I have not heard of this happening from just hurting one's back. However, Miss Linda has lost her will to do anything, including eat. This presented a problem with regard to her pet, Precious the cat. She had also stopped feeding and caring for Precious. The nurses all seemed to have great disdain for this cat. Nobody would volunteer to feed or change the litterbox until Linda recovered.
After my meeting, I went to talk with a very unhappy Linda. All she wanted to do was go back to bed. Lunch time was approaching, so I stayed and had lunch with her, hoping to generate a bit of enthusiasm. I pretty much had to feed her as I would a very small child. While there, one of the staff came up to inform Linda that they would have to find another place for the cat. Linda agreed. Knowing that the "other place" for the cat would be the local pound, sight unseen, I offered to take care of Precious until she got better. Very much hoping that she would get better. I informed Linda and the Staff that I would be back the next day with the cat carrier.
Around noon, I showed up to pick up the cat. Miss Linda hadn't eaten, so I talked her into letting the nurse bathe her and then we had lunch together, sort of. I fed her as much as I could. She immediately wanted to take a nap, so we went back. Precious was huddled in the closet. We talked a bit, and then I proceeded to convince Precious to come home with me. Two hours later, I was still chasing Precious thoughout the room. At one point I had picked her up. However, she managed to free herself from my arms and bolt under the bed. I was crawling in closets, crawling under the bed, trying to convince Precious that I was really her friend. Food didn't even work. I made a little trail of food leading to me. Nope, she knew that was a trap. Two hours later she let me pet her. I could just reach her under the bed. When she least expected it I picked her up and this time held her tightly while petting and cooing to her. I asked Linda to call a nurse to help me put Precious in the carrier.
After a little while, a nurse came in and asked Linda what she wanted. I requested that she help me put Precious in the carrier so that I could take her home. Horrified she looked at me and said that she was afraid of that cat. I asked her if she could get me a nurse that was not afraid.
A little while later, another nurse entered and said "Cover up Linda, I have James with me." One would naturally assume that James would be a handiman that would help me in what might be a difficult endeavor. I turned around and there was James the resident with his girlfriend who has Parkinsons. She kindly offered to hold the cat, but I declined, thinking of how to proceed with a "Plan B." I then proceeded with the only idea that would work. I asked James to take the carrier and put it on the floor with the back to the floor and the door on top. I had James hold it while I dropped Precious in and quickly slammed the door behind her. whew. Job done.
The trip home was uneventful and I put her on the front seat next to me and talked to her all the way. Once home, I put the carrier on the floor and opened the door putting some water and food right outside. After a few hours, she merely bolted for under my bed. And stayed there for two days. On the third day, she was in my closet, huddled in the corner as she had been in Miss Linda's closet. As I approached her she bolted back under the bed for another day. The next time I saw her in the closet, I quickly picked her up and decided that Precious could stay in the guest room with water, food, and kitty litter facilities. For two weeks I would go into the room to talk to and pet Precious, and for two weeks she tried her best to avoid me. However, things got better. Little by little she let me pet her and on that fateful day, she was actually being affectionate and purring. I picked her up, and this time she half way enjoyed the attention. She wasn't just hanging there in a "let me down" position. However, the small inconvenience that would affect my life was about to happen.
I became brave and thought that maybe she could now have access to the entire house. At this point, my friend Amy knocked on my door to return a dish. I told her what I was up to and Amy, who is much wiser than I, sizing up the situation, suggested that I might want to put her back in the room and maybe leave the door open and leave the decision up to Precious. I would have followed her advice, but then an unforeseen circumstance took place. Misty, my faithful dog, best friend, and companion, came up and started to sniff at and welcome Precious. Why I thought that dog and cat would be friends and live happily everafter, I will never know. But, I took Precious and introduced her to Misty. "Look Precious, here's Misty." The rest is really just a blur. I heard a gosh awful hiss and as Precious broke from my hold and literally climbed up my legs and body to bolt to the bathroom, she seriously and frantically bit my shoulder. Three of her teeth broke the skin and went deep into my shoulder. The only curious thing that I still wonder about is that none of the bites ever bled. Amy was standing there horrified. As she tried to help me I yelled, "DON'T TOUCH ME!" At this point, Amy herself started yelling a bit hysterically, "RABIES! RABIES! I'VE GOT TO TAKE YOU TO THE DOCTOR!" Those words immediately sobered me and I came back to reality. I did my best to calm Amy down. Uh, no. Not the doctor. I have colloidal silver. After a while of convincing her that I would be fine and that I would not go to the doctor, Amy left, convinced that I was about to die.
I got the colloidal silver and took one tablespoon, thinking that I would up my dose and take three tablespoons a day.
The three bites became swollen and painful in a short time. When I spoke to Tony he said . . . "Tablespoons!!!!!!!!!! Drink one entire bottle NOW! and half a bottle each day after. " So I did.
Next day my shoulder looked like a baseball and there was quite a lot of pain involved. And no, Amy did not see it. I made sure of that. I continued the required dosage of colloidal silver.
A couple of days later, Ohford instructed me on a poultice to put on it, to which Tony agreed. As I read these posts quite late at night, my intention was to go out first thing in the morning. However, the next morning I woke up to a marvelous surprise. The swelling was much, much better and not at all as painful as it had been. So.... I decided not to go out and get the poultice ingredients because I felt so good and also it was pouring outside. The nearest health store is twenty miles away. I also decided that I was totally healed and took it upon myself to stop drinking the half bottles of colloidal silver and went back to my one tablespoon a day.
Two days later which is this morning, I woke up in quite a bit of pain and upon examining my bites, one has healed, but two are now swelling again. So I have begun the colloidal silver regimen again. I should not have stopped quite so soon.
The moral of this entire story: The bite was very bad. Taking into consideration the swelling, anyone depending on mainstream medicine would have had to go to the doctor for antibiotics and I don't know what else. I don't know if they would have talked me into the rabies shots just to be safe, as I do not know this cat's history. For sure I would have been given a tetanus shot. Yet, I know the quality of the Utopia Silver Products. Colloidal silver will kill all bacteria. In fact, it has been known to cure rabies. I am sure that the fact that I had been taking Colloidal Silver regularly also helped.
This was a most unusual circumstance. However, the dangers out your front door are very real. The yearly winter flu that always comes around, the stomach flu, infections, pneumonia, the list goes on. Actually, Colloidal Silver will also cure Lyme Disease. Taking Colloidal Silver on a regular basis will protect you from these illnesses, and heaven forbid should something unforeseen happen, Colloidal Silver is the answer. I will tell you that Utopia Silver Colloidal's Silver saved me from an even more pronounced infection and I was healed in just a couple of days. Be prepared, start your regimen now. Go to Utopia Silver and get yours.
Now, for my next problem. I still have Precious. And Precious is huddled in a corner by the headboard most of the time now. I do see evidence that she is eating, drinking water and using the facilities. But I know in the long run, she will not get along with Misty and Maggie my manx. Staying here is out of the question. I wouldn't give her to a house with children or pets, and I'm not sure she will be much company, if any, to an adult or older person. And it doesn't look like Miss Linda is getting better.
What to do?
This was written last week. I received many helpful suggestions, two of which I am using. I am giving Precious colloidal silver in case she has some type of an infection. I am also using the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) on her. Stay tuned.... I will let you know how Precious progresses.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Hi folks -
You know, sometimes it gets awfully lonely and the spirits lag a bit when you make very little money, work very long days on end and try to keep going even in spite of it thing like criticism left and right that what you are doing is wrong, that you are causing people to turn away from the real medicine that could save their lives and turning them to voodoo medicine and herbs only to line your own pockets (and forget how empty they are!), or that you are a nutcase for all the concerned posts I make as DQ about the evil I see taking away and threatening our freedoms.
Even when you know in your heart that you are right, it just gets hard sometimes, ya know? And I have to admit that it is a frightening and heartwrenching thing to advise others about their health, and often I stay awake at night worrying how this or that person I advised is fairing. I mean who am I, a mere flawed mortal with far less than perfect knowledge, to have anyone place their health, and perhaps even their very life in my trust?
Then you get a wonderful email like this one (which came today from a member of my Yahoo Oleandersoup Healthgroup) and your heart sings with joy, your faith in yourself and humanity is restored, as well as in the One who watches over us, and you just want to share it with the world! It goes without saying that this has truly made my Thanksgiving one to find much to be thankful for - and foremost of that is the honor and privilege of doing the best I can to help people like Toya (who wrote the email) and those here in this forum and on the Curezone website.
I just want to say being the sleepy participator that I am.........how much I appreciate this group....Luella May's heart....Roberts research skills....Jeffery's ability to lay down his life for a friend....Dr.G's reasuring words......not to mention your heart for humanity and "Get"er Done" passion !I really appreciate all of you and have notice a significant size reduction in the lump under my arm and in my breast sense starting OS 3 weeks ago! I am trulyblessed by what I read daily and encouraged.....You all are a part of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving !
And so my heartfelt reply:
You have made me so happy that I cried. It is messages like yours make me proud of what I am doing and confirm my conviction that what I have am devoting the rest of my life to is a good and honorable endeavor worth however much sacrifice it entails - and help keep me going no matter what.
I would also add Ed to your list - it is he who started it all by devising "oleander soup" and he is the one who started the original oleandersoup health group. Not only that, but he is a true Prince among men and, like Luella May, one of God's angels flying close to the ground.
Your precious words of hope and inspiration will be at the very top of my own Thanksgiving list of things I am thankful for.
Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart!
May I share your message with my groups?
Ahhhhhhh Tony you're wonderful and a gift to us all....
Please share it and let them be encouraged and lifted up..... that no effort goes un notice by HIS watchful eye!
You are a provision HE has made for us !
and, you know, I just do not know how many tears of joy a grown man is supposed to shed in one day. Oh my . . .
Well, I suppose I must confess, for all my bluster and bravado both here and as the crusader DQ, sometimes I am just a wimp. I guess it should have been an early clue when I shed tears at Gone With the Wind, Casablanca and An Affair to Remember, and later for Sleepless in Seattle, An Officer and a Gentleman, and even You've Got Mail and Pretty Woman (good grief!).
May this message of hope and confirmation serve as my way of wishing each and everyone of you a joyous and wonderful Thanksgiving filled with much to be thankful for, inspite of your own trials and tribulations. Thanks to that message, mine already is!
With a humble yet uplifted heart, your sappy host
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" - Winston Churchill
"Do not despair at your tribulations, for they are My glory for you" - Eph 3:13
Tony, we all thank you and love you.
Monday, November 19, 2007
November 15, 2007
All hail the mystic President
Slovenia’s President is a recluse. Told he had cancer, Janez Drnovsek moved alone to the woods and embraced his inner spirituality. His Government despises him but he is a hero to his people
It is not often that you ask a European head of state whether he has gone loopy, but in the case of Janez Drnovsek, Slovenia’s reclusive President, the question seems almost unavoidable.
Bald, monkish and skeletally thin, Drnovsek has abandoned his capital for a mountain retreat. He no longer speaks to his Government. He boycotts state occasions, and disappears for weeks at a time. He has turned vegan, talks like a New Age mystic of his quest for “higher consciousness” and “inner balance”, and communicates with the Slovenian people through books on spirituality. He set out to tackle the problems of the world from a country smaller than Wales, and has become a champion of progressive causes.
It is an astonishing transformation for a man who, as Slovenia’s Prime Minister from 1992 until he was elected President in 2002, was regarded as a dull, grey technocrat. It was triggered by the prospect of imminent death. In 1999 he found that he had kidney cancer and, in 2001, that the cancer had spread to his liver and lungs. His doctors said his condition was incurable.
Any serious illness comes as a shock, but “the shock can be beneficial because one is caught in patterns of behaviour and somehow you do them mechanically and without really thinking about them. You do like others do,” Drnovsek explained in the course of a two-hour interview with The Times– the first he has given in months. “When you are confronted with the perception of the end of your life, it’s an opportunity to look at things from a different point of view, to change priorities and establish a distance to this daily existence and all these material developments that you are taught are so important,” he said as he sipped black tea in his office.
He accepted that some people thought that he had gone crazy, but was not perturbed. They do not understand, he said in soft, heavily accented English. “Why should I worry what people of this level of consciousness should say or think about me? This is so irrelevant.” He used a Chinese philosopher’s tale to illustrate his point: “The frog in its well was convinced that this well was the whole world. And then came a turtle from the sea. The turtle told this frog that there was a big ocean and the well was nothing. The frog said: ‘OK. This turtle is crazy’.”
In fact, most Slovenians have grown very fond of their singular President. Despite – or perhaps because of – his eccentricities he will complete his term of office next month as one of the most popular figures in his country.
Drnovsek is an erstwhile banker who won his nation’s respect – if not its affection – by helping to negotiate its peaceful secession from the former Yugoslavia in 1991, and then steering it from communism to democracy and membership of the European Union and Nato. As late as 2000 – one year after he had a cancerous kidney removed – The Economistdescribed him as a “singularly uncharismatic . . . poker-faced trimmer” whose preoccupations were growth and stability. It quoted him saying, glumly: “People demanded vision. I hate vision. The cemetery of history is full of visionaries.”
Drnovsek says that his conversion from conventional politician into “Slovenia’s Gandhi” – as one commentator has dubbed him – was gradual, and he adopted a low profile as he fought his illness. He abandoned conventional medicine because his doctors told him that they could not cure him. He dabbled with Indian and Chinese healers. He gave up meat, dairy products and alcohol in favour of organic vegetables and home-baked bread. He fasted for days at a time. He also sought to nourish his soul, leaving Ljubljana for a remote home set in beautiful beech forests south of the Slovenian capital. He lives there alone, reading and writing, without so much as a television for company since his dog died. He says modern man has lost contact with nature, but it is “very beneficial for health, for body but also for soul . . . Somehow we can purify ourselves of all negativities that are concentrated in towns and urban centres where there is all this activity and stress.”
The new Drnovsek began to reappear on the public stage in late 2005, but more in the guise of national guru than president. He cut his staff. He quit his centre-left political party and launched the Movement for Justice and Development that was open to “all people who wish to change the world for the better”. He became a champion of the environment, animal rights and the oppressed, and afierce critic of a political class that is, he says, concerned only about power and image. “If only we had a candidate like Drnovsek, or even a shadow of him, the world would quickly become less intolerable,” gushed Brigitte Bardot in the midst of the French presidential election.
Drnovsek travelled around the country. He was photographed wearing a crown of leaves. He published books entitled Thoughts on Life and Awareness and The Essence of the World that are found in the spirituality – not politics – sections of Slovenia’s bookshops. He wrote a monthly advice column in a popular women’s magazine, and a blog in the name of “Janez D”, whose subjects ranged from diatribes against pesticides to apocalyptic warnings about climate change – he says that humanity has perhaps 20 years left to save itself.
Drnovsek also began to intervene in international affairs in a way that infuriated Slovenia’s new conservative Government. He upset nearby Serbia by supporting independence for Kosovo. He visited Jerusalem, where he urged the Israelis to talk to the newly elected militants of Hamas, and Sri Lanka, where he tried to meet Tamil Tiger leaders. In China he defied the authorities by visiting Tibet. He went to India for a conference on spirituality, and to Bolivia for Evo Morales’s inauguration as that country’s first indigenous president “after 500 years of colonialism and neo-colonialism”.
His most ambitious undertaking, however, was a one-man drive to resolve the Darfur conflict that ended with the detention of his envoy and the nonappearance of Sudanese and rebel leaders at a Ljubljana peace conference. It was an embarrassing episode, and he admits that he was probably naive, but says that he felt morally obliged to try to stop the suffering. While international diplomats were living in luxury hotels, earning fat salaries and indulging in endless talks, people were dying, he says. “I thought somebody had to do something to wake up everybody.”
By the summer of 2006 Drnovsek had exhausted his official budget, and the Government seized the chance to ground him by refusing further funds for his “exotic activities”. He was forced to cancel a state visit to Spain and an appearance at the UN in New York, and grew ever more scathing in his denunciations of the Government.
Drnovsek has described Janez Jansa, the Prime Minister, as the “Prince of Darkness”. He disagrees with nearly all of what the Government does, and accuses it of moving towards a “kind of totalitarian system” by curbing the independence of the media. He stops only marginally short of saying that it was unfit to assume the EU’s rotating six-month presidency on January 1. “I will say nothing. I’m still President of this country,” he replied when pressed.
Drnovsek has now abandoned his conflict-resolution efforts. He tried his best, but was dismissed as “this crazy Slovenian President”, he says. “I came to the conclusion that the only way to change the world is to change the consciousness of as many individual people as possible, and then the pressure on politicians will increase to act differently.”
He has once again become an absentee President. He spurns official receptions. He boycotted Slovenia’s National Day celebrations in June. “ At a certain level of spirituality . . . it becomes more difficult to do these things of this material life,” he says. “You feel the ephemerality of everything, and if you know your activity will have no real effect, you become more selective about what you do and what not. I still have activities, but practically I stopped all unnecessary political activities – those involved with other politicians.”
He vanished entirely from June until mid-September, and failed to greet Romano Prodi, the Prime Minister of Italy, when he visited Slovenia in August. Drnovsek said that he spent some of that time visiting monasteries in France, tapping into the “positive energy” that monks had built up through centuries of prayer.
Drnovsek has infuriated the Government, but his people have warmed to his evident humanity. His books are bestsellers, and while a few of the Slovenes I approached in Ljubljana’s central market said that they found his conduct embarrassing, many more expressed support and affection for their unusual President.
“He’s a good and wise man,” said Katja Berlinc, a 21-year-old theology student. “He’s great. He’s not afraid to speak his mind. He’s not afraid of anything,” said Asim Begtasevic, who runs a flower stall. “He stands for basic moral values,” said Sasho Adamich, a young TV assistant. When a former lover revealed that Drnovsek had a 19-year-old daughter, it only boosted his popularity.
All this infuriates his critics inside and outside the Government. “Nobody dares to question Drnovsek’s conduct or his travels because of his illness, and because he was some sort of hero of the transition to democracy,” says Janez Markes, the editor of the newspaper Delo.
Drnovsek’s colourful and controversial presidency is drawing to an end. He is not seeking reelection, and the charming old streets beneath Ljubljana’s castle are awash with posters of the more conventional politicians fighting to replace him. He is not planning any great farewell when he steps down. He is not concerned about his legacy or image. He accepts that a certain amount of ridicule is the price to be paid for stepping outside the political system, and he certainly will not mind the anonymity. “I don’t have worries. I don’t have fears. I don’t have wishes. I’m very calm.”
Drnovsek also has one incontrovertible riposte to those who say he went loopy. Against all odds, and in defiance of every medical prediction, he has not died in office. Indeed, he now claims to be cancer-free: “I am completely healed. I am cured of everything. I can’t prove it beyond being alive. I don’t need confirmation from a doctor. I just know.”
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Today's blog is a testimony from someone in one of the forums which I moderate that has become a very dear friend of mine, Trapper. Upon seeing his post, I immediately asked him if I could have the honor of blogging it. Thank you for saying yes Trapper.
and some other very fine gifts from tony. thank you, very much.
now, i taught myself about silver early on in my health quest and have seen it do amazing things. i dont sell silver, so i can make even more bold statements than the good folks at utopia.
i have seen silver save the lives of cats and dogs. i know of a 14 yo boxer that should have died a long time ago and who was poisoned by the bad dogfood from china recently so that he stopped walking and he is friskier today than he has been in years. i have seen cats who were poisoned by teflon so bad that they gained terrible weight and hissed at everything in extreme anxiety and panic lose weight and become friendly after ingesting silver. my dad was given some little dogs one time and they all acted like they had parvo and got to the point they wouldnt eat. a couple of weeks after starting them on silver, they were eating and getting pregnant and having healthy puppies. i have also cured a case of mrsa on the leg of a friend of mine which the doctors had given up on.
i checked the website of utopia and found it congruent with all that i have learned about silver. the product they have is exactly what a person wants for any use, internal or external, in any orifice and for any infection, be it viral or bacterial, fungal or mold. if the silver can get to the effected area and/or if it remains wet as with external use, it will do its job.
thanks again for everything tony. i am going to use the colloidal gold over the next weeks and will have a report on that at some point. i have done a little colloidal gold from the mesosilver people a few years back. i am in much better shape now and will be able to tell more about it.
thanks for the soap, too. you must have heard of my two weeks without a bath! lol.
love to you all and good luck to utopia in fighting the despots our government has become.
the one and only
Visit Utopia Silver and pick up your Colloidal Silver today.
Monday, November 5, 2007
The secret, it turns out, is to break apart pomegranates underwater. Here’s the trick: Score the leathery rind, and then submerge the fruit in a bowl of water while you break apart the segments and tease the seeds free from the white pith. The pith floats, so it's easy to skim off. Pour the rest through a colander and in minutes you'll have hundreds of seeds and no stains!
Pomegranate seeds are worth the trouble because they're an antiaging, skin-protecting, cancer-fighting powerhouse -- a true RealAge food. Each bittersweet seed is packed with anthocyanins, vitamin C, lycopene, and resveratrol. Research in humans has shown that the juice reduces several risk factors for heart disease and inhibits tumor growth. But the star of the show, beauty-wise, is ellagic acid.
"Ellagic acid increases the body's built-in supply of glutathione, an antioxidant that both protects DNA and helps recycle estrogen, which protects skin cells. It also inhibits certain enzymes in ways that give cells time to divide normally," explains Los Angeles dermatologist Howard Murad, MD, who has been putting pomegranate extract in his line of skin care products for nearly 20 years.
The ancient Greeks believed that eating this "apple of many seeds" might lead to immortality. And, hey, anything that keeps skin cells plump a little longer, maintains a healthier heart, and holds promise for preventing cancer has got to be good, right?
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Fri Oct 12, 3:36 PM ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. marshals seized $71,000 worth of goods from a Florida company that illegally marketed supplements to treat serious conditions such as diabetes, anemia and high blood pressure, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Friday. It said FulLife Natural Options, Inc., of Boca Raton, Florida, was marketing Charantea Ampalaya Capsules and Charantea Ampalaya Tea as an unapproved drug.
"These claims are evident in the products' labeling, including promotional literature and FulLife's Internet Web site," the FDA said in a statement.
"Despite FDA's warnings, the firm failed to bring its marketing into compliance with the law. During subsequent inspections, FDA inspectors found that the offending claims were still being made."
It said marshals also raided Charron Nutrition of Tallahassee, Florida, last August, which was promoting its Glucobetic, Neuro-betic, Ocu-Comp, Atri-Oxi, Super-Flex, MSM-1000, and Atri-E-400 capsules as treatments for diabetes, arthritis and other serious health conditions.
Thank God it was a plant that has been used for centuries instead of a real aproved drug like Fosmax, Gardasil, Avandia . . . .
People, this is an example of what the fight for health freedom is all about! It is exactly what the FDA, through their underlings at the State of Texas Agencies, are intending to do to Utopia Silver.
The public spoke loudly about their desire to have access to dietary supplements when DSHEA was passed over mainstream objections. The supreme court has ruled more than once on the issue of first amendment protection of freedom of commercial speech as it specifically applies to vitamins, minerals and supplements. And our forefathers damned sure did not envision a government agency run amuck that would so go against the will of the people and the law itself.
Let's take a closer look at what this is all about:
Here is the "horrible" and dangerous offending website:
But where are all the outrageous claims? Looks lke a pretty good site to me. Commercial but reasoned, and a lot of good information too. Let's see that the FDA warning letter can tell us about what it was the FDA found objectionable
Doctor and patient testimonials? Factual statements about a natural plant? What they are talking about here is Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) - with a history of safe and effective uses dating back centuries. Note this excellent description of bitter melon on the RainTree Rainforest Plant Database:
Take a good look at what bitter melon has been used for, all the countries it has been used in, and just look at all of the many, many studies that actually have been performed. And yet, the FDA contends that it has not been proven safe and effective? Only by rigging the rules to make up their own definitions!
Let's be real - the problem with the studies is that they were not conducted by a pharmaceutical company to support an altered and patentable abomination. Look at this language in the FDA letter and see how they use it to suppress competition to their lords and masters and circumvent the will of the people and supreme law of the land:
Furthermore, your product is not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above referenced conditions and therefore, the product is also a "new drug" under section 201(p) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(p)]. New drugs may not be legally marketed in the U.S. without prior approval from FDA as described in section 505(a) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 355(a)]. FDA approves a new drug on the basis of scientific data submitted by a drug sponsor to demonstrate that the drug is safe and effective. Your product "Chararttea" is also misbranded within the meaning of section 502(f)(1) of the Act, in that the labeling for this drug fails to bear adequate directions for use [21 U.S.C. § 352(f)(1)].
This is just such total hogwash. We all know how little harm dietary supplements cause, despite the FDA and a trillion dollar industry's best attempts to make mountains out of every mole hill they can find or allege to find. How can there be ANY doubt as to who the FDA serves? It surely is not the will of the people, nor is it anywhere near the will of our founding fathers or our constitution.
As Thomas Jefferson observed, the government is supposed to be a servant of the people and not vice versa. And as oour founding fathers wisely decreed in the Declaration of Independence, when the government fails to serve the people and their unalienable rights, it is our duty to change the government or replace it.
In the instance of the FDA, which has become a law and government unto itself, the time to exercise that duty seems to have arrived and then some.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
The issue of jurisdiction seems to have be causing no small amount of consternation for the State. Taylor and his co-defendant Al Adask* contend that the State is trying to claim jurisdiction in a court operating under the color of law and under a for profit corporate STATE OF TEXAS entity but not according to the US or Texas constittutions and in violation of his God given and unalienable rights - and that no citizen is required to submit to such courts unless they consent to do so.
Some observers believe that the consternation stems from the fact that Taylor is right, but that such color of law courts have operated for so long and that people unknowingly submit to jurisdiction by signing agreements or otherwise consenting to hearings, which in effect becomes a binding contract that gives the corporate color of laws jurisdiction.
This promises to be interesting. Should the State assert jurisdiction, or I should say STATE (all capital letters indicate the corporate color of law and not constitutional entities) assert jurisdiction then the 1st Amendment guarantee of freedom of commercial speech and 5th amendment rights will surely come into play.
Stay tuned - this promises to be interesting to say the least - and we all need to be ready to show our support, because in the end these issues are vital to us all.
Mr. Taylor also reported that he and Mr. Adask were featured on a one hour broadcast on We The People Radio network this evening.
*The co-defendent, Al Adask, is a friend of Mr. Taylor's and is on the corporate board of Utopia Silver. Mr. Adask formerly published the AntiShyster magazine, until he and his magazine were silenced when he was whisked off to Missouri and locked away in a county jail for a year without charges being filed. When he was finally released, he returned to find his computer, other equipment and all mailing lists missing. He has since filed charges and will almost assuredly win, but the Sheriffs office in Missouri will likely take the fall for those whom many feel were behind the silencing of Mr. Adask
For a more detailed look at the colorful Mr. Adask, google "Al Adask". As you will find, he is fairly well known in the circles of those opposed to corruption and in favor of individual rights.
More to follow as it happens.
Please be sure and visit The Best Years in Life
Saturday, September 29, 2007
The good news is that there is more time to organize support, the bad news is that the State appears determined to go forward with their actions.
The story has been edited to reflect this correction.
A Trial Down in Texas Moves Closer
The dietary supplement complaint against Utopia Silver owner Ben Taylor appears headed towards an inevitable trial and the next step in the process, a hearing to determine interrogatories, discovery, inspection and sanctions is set to for this coming Wednesday, October 3rd in the 200th District Court, Judge Triana, at the Travis County Courthouse in Austin.
For a bit of background on this looming trial, go to:
As many of you may already know, much more than just a trial for one individual and company may be at stake here. In the end, the outcome may have implications for everyone's freedom to obtain supplements and information. Or to sell supplements and provide information.
At the last meeting before a judge in Austin, the judge threatened that he was going to set a trial date and tried to first intimidate and then coerce Ben Taylor to agree to a trial. Mr. Taylor refused to agree, since in doing so he would be in effect entering into a contract to agree to the court's jurisdiction. At one point a bailiff was summoned with the clear implication that Mr. Taylor might be arrested if he failed to agree. When he did not do so, the judge finally commented "Mr. Taylor we have a problem here - this system operates under fear and you don't appear to have any."
Instead of setting a trial, a hearing was set to determine a date for interrogatories and discovery as well as inspections and sanctions - all of which are slippery grounds and the next step towards a trial, which appears inevitable unless Mr. Taylor agrees to knuckle under, something he has assured he will not do.
Although this march towards a trial is at the behest of the State of Texas, it began with an email complaint to the State Attorney General's office from the FDA, and Taylor has been told that his company has been singled out as a test case to see how far they can go in restricting information on dietary supplement websites.
At one time, Utopia Silver (a new CureZone sponsor) was one of the largest, if not the largest, suppliers of colloidal silver in the United States and has a proprietary method of making what many consider to be the best colloidal silver available. It is no secret that the FDA has targeted colloidal silver, which is a safe, effective, natural and inexpensive pathogen destroyer - four common traits of dietary supplements that come under FDA attack. It is also more than ironic that the FDA at one time had approved 34 different prescribed and OTC medications containing silver, but withdrew approval at about the same time antibiotics came on the market and methods of making colloidal silver at home were devised. Coincidence?
The state hearings and likely trial are purportedly about licensing and inspections, but the FDA complaint was centered around the publication of voluntary customer testimonials which the FDA considers to be health claims that enable them to label Colloidal Silver and other Utopia Silver dietary supplements as drugs.
Utopia Silver has obtained documents which show that the state health and AG employees are also "Commissioned Officers" of the FDA - an apparent violation of the separation of state and federal powers. It is Utopia Silver's contention that the actions to restrict them are unconstitutional restraints on the freedom of commercial speech (as borne out by previous Supreme Court decisions) and further contends that there is no constitutional jurisdiction for the state agencies, who are actually for-profit corporations (as listed by Dun and Bradstreet) disguised as a constitutional entity.
Utopia Silver believes that there is no constitutional provision to require them to submit to what amounts to a commercial contract with the STATE OF TEXAS, a corporation acting under the color of law, but not under the state or federal constitutions, and not in accordance with the unalienable rights clearly declared by our forefathers when this country was founded.
I will be writing and releasing a more detailed story soon. In the meanwhile, I ask all of you that are concerned about health freedoms and the steady erosion of our rights and freedoms in general to stay tuned.
Live long, live healthy, live happy! And live free!
Please be sure and visit The Best Years in Life
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Tony M. Isaacs
Author of "Collected Home and Herbal Remedies" and “Cancer’s Natural Enemy”
Are you worried about the possible outbreak of the Avian Flu among humans? You should be! I hope that all of the publicity about the Bird Flu proves to be a false alarm, but I have to tell you that from what I have learned so far about the Avian Flu, I think that the worst thing any of us could do is to ignore it and hope it goes away, because it may not and I shudder to think about it ever mutating to where it can be spread from human to human. Let's take a look at what we know so far about the Avian Flu:
First of all, the Avian Flu has not yet mutated and there is no need for panic, but there certainly is plenty of reasons for concern and a need to be vigilant, because the flu could easily mutate to one that is spread by humans - and it is the very nature of viruses to mutate. We should also be mindful of the fact that the world is due for another outbreak of a widespread and dangerous influenza epidemic of the kind that appear to occur on a regular basis about every 30 years.
If the Avian Flu does mutate to a human flu and is even partially as deadly as some predict, the resulting worldwide pandemic could be an epic modern day plague that changes the world as we know it and makes HIV, 9/11, the great Tsunami and the destruction of New Orleans seem mild by comparison - and there would likely be very little the world can do to prevent it. We can only hope that the next big worldwide influenza outbreak does not involve the current Avian Flu, or any other avian flu, because such flu would be a type that humans have not been exposed to and thus have no built in resistance to. Owing to this lack of built in resistance, such an outbreak involving that kind of flu could prove to be uniquely horrific.
In a normal outbreak of influenza, the most vulnerable are usually the elderly, the very young, and those who are already ill or otherwise in a weakened state - in other words, those whose immune systems are not strong enough to successfully ward off and fight illness. While a human version of the Avian Flu is likely to be every bit as deadly or more so for those who are the usual flu victims, unlike the usual varieties of influenza, the Avian Flu would actually be even more deadly for the group that is usually least affected by flu outbreaks: the most robust and healthy among us, the adults in the prime of life. That is because an avian flu like the Avian Flu turns the body's own immune system against itself and a strong immune system can become a deadly instrument of death as it over-reacts to a threat it has never been exposed to and releases a torrent of chemicals to combat the new threat which end up literally filling and eating up the lungs, suffocating what had been a strong and vigorous individual.
Such was exactly the case in a previous outbreak of another avian flu, one very similar to the Avian Flu. The Spanish Flu of 1918-19 was the most deadly epidemic in recorded history, killing 30 to 40 million or more people in one year – more than were killed in any war including Great World War, more than were killed in the 4 terrifying years of the Plague of Black Death (the Bubonic Plague) of 1347-1351, and more than were killed by HIV-AIDS in it’s first 25 years of existence. In the United States it infected 28% of all Americans, caused the deaths of at least 675,000 and in a single year was responsible for a 10 year drop in the life expectancy rate. In 1918, the death rate for influenza and pneumonia for 15 to 35 year olds was 20 times higher than in previous years.
Many authorities fear that if the modern day Avian Flu mutates to one that can be spread by humans, it could be an even more deadly flu than the one in 1918-19. Indeed, where humans have been exposed to infected birds and contracted the Avian Flu so far, the death rate appears to be significantly higher than it was for the deadly Spanish Flu.
The picture becomes truly staggering when you add to the expected high death rate the fact that the world population is now 2 1/2 times greater than it was in 1918-19 and not only is the population much larger, it is also much more concentrated with much more human interaction. And then you have the fact that, unlike the horse and buggy days of 1918-19, modern travel brings humans almost instantly to and from all points of the globe.
In all likelihood, only an immediate worldwide quarantine and shutdown of all travel would have a chance at stopping the spread of a worldwide pandemic, and that is something that is both unachievable and, at this point, unthinkable (although if the pandemic were to turn out to be as dire as some predict, such measures would probably be attempted out of desperation, but would surely prove far too late to stop the spread of the disease). Given the woeful response to the destruction of New Orleans, and the shortage of flu shots caused by the loss of a single facility only last year, perhaps one can more easily understand the estimates of many authorities and scientific figures that forecast staggering death tolls, some as high as 300 million or more worldwide.
The world has largely forgotten the horrible death tolls of the Spanish Flu, as well as the plague-like conditions that led to quarantines, death wagons, corpses lying abandoned in public streets, and breakdowns of social order and lawlessness that broke out in many places around the world. For those of us who would like a reminder, I suggest a trip to an old cemetery and take a look at the tombstones and grave markers for the years 1918-19, see how many there are compared to other years and how many times you will find multiple deaths in the same family for those years. It was a horrible time, now largely forgotten and to a great deal overshadowed by the end of World War I, but it is a lesson for us all if only we will open our eyes and see.
Perhaps the nightmare scenario I have painted is merely the stuff of dreams, and I certainly hope that proves to be the case. But I strongly suggest that we all take steps to prepare for the worst, just in case. Better that than be like the old fellow on the side of Mount Saint Helens who ignored all the warning signs, disbelieved all the scientists and scoffed at the idea of a deadly eruption right up to the point that he was incinerated.
While there may be little the world's governments may be able to do to stop the spread of a truly horrible influenza pandemic, there are things that we all can do to help avoid catching such a flu and to fight it off if we do catch it. Common sense tells us to practice very good hygiene and to avoid exposure to those who are infected. If a vaccine is available, it is probably a better idea to take it than not - even though vaccines are likely to be in short supply, will likely be mere guesswork since the virus has yet to mutate to a form that can be spread by humans and is likely to continue to mutate once it does, and is likely to contain mercury due to the probable use of an agent called thimerosal that is used to sterilize flu vaccines.
Beyond those obvious measures, I have also compiled the following information for anyone who wishes to avoid and combat influenza:
Avoiding the Flu:
The good news is that you can take steps to help you avoid the Bird Flu or any other flu when it comes, and to survive it if you happen to catch it. Included in these steps would be the things that you should do to protect yourself from virtually all diseases and illnesses: get plenty of rest, exercise, quit smoking, eat a nutritious diet, avoid stress and, above all, to make your body's natural first line of defense, your immune system, strong and robust.
Some of the very best immune boosters are:
• Echinacea (Despite the latest study)
• Pau d’arco
• Medicinal mushrooms
• Beta glucans
• Aloe vera
• Bovine colostrums
The next thing you should do is to also take one or more good natural anti-viral agents, ESPECIALLY if the Bird Flu does mutate and begin to spread from human to human, because unlike other illnesses or flues, the Bird Flu will use your own immune system to attack you. This is because we have never been exposed to a strain of flu like the Bird Flu and it is likely that biochemical cascade of immune cells and immune system bio-chemicals such as interferon, interleukin, monokines and cytokines will literally pour into the lungs and eat your lungs up. With the Bird Flu, it is essential to also include good natural anti-viral supplements along with immune boosters - and it is a good idea to do that anyway.
Among the very best natural pathogen destroyers are:
• Olive leaf extract
• Oil of wild mountain oregano
• Grapefruit seed extract
• Colloidal Silver
A third thing to do would be to take regular preventative doses of a natural remedy known as “Oleander Soup”, which can be made at home according to the instructions in the e-book “Cancer’s Natural Enemy” (written by the author of this article).
Oleander extract has been proven in clinical trials, decades of medical practice and literally centuries of use as a folk remedy to be a very strong immune booster and disease and illness preventer. It has also demonstrated strong anti-viral abilities in the way that it attacks and kills cancer cells, as well as it’s effectiveness against hepatitis-C and HIV.
The fourth thing you should do is endeavor to stop the spread of airborne viruses during the flu season:
• Protect yourself from others by gargling daily with 1 drop each of the essential oils of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) and lemon in a glass of warm water; stir well before each mouthful. Do not swallow.
• Mix a blend of essential oils to use in your diffuser or for use in steam inhalation.
o ravensare - 3 parts
o naiouli or eucalyptus - 1 part
o lemon - 1 part
o rosewood - 1 part
o lavender - 1 part
Ravensare and naiouli have antiviral properties, while the other essential oils in the blend act as antiseptics while at the same time providing a wonderful aroma.Diffuser Application - Add about 50 drops of the above blend to your diffuser at a time.Fumigate the house with oils to help prevent the spread of flu. Put 2-3 drops on a radiator to evaporate or add 10 drops of essential oils to a small plant spray filled with water. Spray the room frequently.
Natural Measures to Consider Should You Get the Flu:
Hydrotherapy for Flu:
• Promote sweating by taking hot baths, hot foot-baths and other heat therapies. Keep the feet warm at all times during sickness and as a preventive measure. Low body temperature decreases resistance to viruses and bacteria, while heat burns up and destroys the virus.
• To warm feet, soak them for five to ten minutes in a hot mustard bath. Dissolve I tbsp. mustard powder in 4 cups of hot water.
• A hot bath followed by a cold mitten friction rub, two to four times a day, loosens congestion, improves circulation and strengthens the immune system, speeding healing from the flu.
• To do a cold mitten friction rub, proceed as follows: Dip a small towel or washcloth into cold (50° to 60°F) water. Curl one hand into a fist and wrap the cloth around it. Use your fist to rub your other arm in a vigorous circular motion, beginning with the fingers and finishing at the shoulder. Dip the cloth in the cold water again and repeat. Your skin should be pink. Dry your arm with a towel using the same vigorous circular movement. Repeat the process on your other arm and on your legs, feet, chest and abdomen.
Juice Therapy for Flu:
• Apple and dark grape juices are often recommended for those fighting the flu. They have properties that work against congestion and runny nose. Dark grape juice is rich in tannins, substances that have been shown to kill viruses under laboratory conditions.
• Dilute the juices if they are too sweet. Drink them at room temperature. Pear, cranberry and, especially, pomegranate juices are also helpful for combating flu.
Naturopathy for Flu:
• Hot Bath - Add 30-60 ml (2-4 tbsp) of Epsom Salts to hot water and take a hot bath. After the bath go straight to bed.
• Vitamins - As soon as the symptoms of flu start, take high levels of Vitamin C to boost the immune system, around 3,000-4,000 mg to start with, reducing over 3 -4 days to 500 mg until you feel completely better.
• Diet - Drink fruit juices until the fever has passed.
• Now eat plenty of fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
• Cold Compress - If very hot and sweaty, try applying a cool compress to the chest and trunk.
Aromatherapy for Flu/Colds:
• Steam Inhalation - Mix a blend of essential oils to use in your diffuser or for use in steam inhalation.
o ravensare - 3 parts
o naiouli or eucalyptus - 1 part
o lemon - 1 part
o rosewood - 1 part
o lavender - 1 part
Add six to eight drops of the above blend to a bowl of just-boiled water. Place a towel over your head and inhale. Repeat this treatment two or three times a day, if necessary.
• Several oils have considerable anti- viral activity, and help to boost the immune system. For maximum effectiveness, it is important that you use them at the earliest sign of influenza or in some cases before contracting cold/flu to boost your immune system as a preventative.
• Essential oils of basil, eucalyptus, peppermint, and pine help to ease nasal congestion. Choose one to three of these oils and use them as inhalants or in steam inhalation treatments.
• For chest congestion, a steam inhalation treatment made with basil, pine, and/ or tea tree oil can help to clear mucus and ease breathing. Rubbing a massage oil prepared with these oils over the chest may also be helpful.
• An aromatherapy bath prepared with elemi, myrrh, pine, and/ or tea tree oil can help to soothe achy feeling all over your body that accompanies flu. Use a lukewarm bath for fever, a hot bath for chills.
• For chills:
o Add 3 drops of rosemary and 3 drops of ginger or black pepper essential oils to your bath.
o Mix 5 drops of ravensare and 15 drops of rosewood in ½ ounce of carrier oil such as olive or almond. This makes an energizing massage oil blend.
• Other Essential Oils Useful for Flu:
o Tea Tree oil
o Eucalyptus oil
o Lemon oil
o Lavender oil
• If you come down with the flu, add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree to hot water and take a hot bath. This may help your immune system fight the viral infection and ease your symptoms. Use a pure, unadulterated form of tea tree oil; adulterated forms can be irritating to the skin.
• To help alleviate and disinfect dry air passages, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of hot water or vaporizer and leave in bedroom overnight. A small handkerchief sprinkled with a few drops of the oil and left under the pillow may help as well.
Caution: Do Not Overdo it!. Prolonged inhalation of essential oils can cause an enlarged liver.
• If you have a congested nose or chest, add a few drops of essential oils of eucalyptus globulus (E. globulus) or peppermint (Mentha piperita) to a steam vaporizer.
Caution: If you are asthmatic, be cautious the first time you try this; if you have not been exposed to essential oils before, inhaling the vapor may actually precipitate an attack.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Flu:
Ayurvedic practitioners recommend the following strategies to combat flu:
• At the first sign of the flu, switch to a bland diet. Eat soft-cooked rice (rice that has a very soft, moist texture created by a longer cooking time with more water) with a pinch of cumin, ginger powder and turmeric for seasoning. In India, broken rice is used for this purpose with generous amount of water so that we will get a soup in the end. The ginger and cumin heat up your body, so you can sweat out toxins. Turmeric has antibiotic and antiseptic qualities. You can also add few cloves of garlic cut into small pieces to the mixture as garlic is very good for flu.
• To ease the congestion that can accompany the flu:
o ½ teaspoon sitopaladi powder
o ½ teaspoon sudarshan
o ½ teaspoon of honey
Mix the ingredients well. Take a teaspoonful of this mixture every few hours. Your symptoms will disappear quickly.
• For Severe Flu Symptoms - Take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses. A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.
• Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.
Herbal remedies cannot cure a cold or flu. But they can bring relief of symptoms, stimulate the immune system and speed recovery. Here are several herbal remedies useful for colds and flu.
• Corn starch, water and lemon. Mix together in a cup. One cup should be enough.
• Water, lemons, cinnamon sticks and honey. Put a gallon of water in a large pot on the stove. Add four lemons cut in quarters and two sticks of cinnamon. Bring water to a full boil and then let steep for five or more minutes. Drink one cup several times a day if you are able to stay home and rest and one or two cups at night, otherwise just drink at night. Best taken at the beginning of flu symptoms. This remedy should help you sweat out the flu, help ease any sore throat you may have and also keep you hydrated.
• Tea, lemon, orange juice and brandy. Works like a charm. Just make a cup of tea, squeeze half a lemon and half an orange into the tea and put two teaspoons of brandy and you should feel much better soon.
• One garlic clove and a sharp knife. Cut raw garlic as thin as possible and put the garlic slices on your tongue. Do not chew, just place on the tongue and then swallow. Best when taken at the first signs of flu symptoms
• Eucalyptus, burnt sugar, lemon and water. Boil the water and add eucalyptus, burnt sugar, lemon juice and/or lemon rind, and continue to boil for five minutes. Drink the tea hot, preferably just before going to bed.
• Colloidal silver. A half teaspoon of colloidal silver for children and a teaspoon for adults can be swallowed to ease or eliminate flu symptoms. If you take colloidal silver regularly, you may never get the flu.
• At the first sign of a flu, put a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide into each ear, one ear at a time. Keep the solution in for 10 minutes or until the bubbling stops. Your temperature should start dropping within minutes, and your flu should be gone within 12 to 14 hours.
• Goldenseal tea. Use goldenseal tea bags (not pills or capsules) to make tea. Drink a cup before bed (sweeten with honey or Stevia if desired).
• Herbal Fever Remedy
o 1 ounce dried Elder Flowers
o 1 ounce dried Peppermint Leaves
o ½ pint distilled water
Mix the herbs. Place in a quart saucepan. Pour 1/2 pints of distilled boiling water over it. Cover and allow to steep in a hot place for 10 to 15 minutes (do not boil). When ready, strain into another saucepan. Sweeten with honey if desired. This remedy drops high temperature associated with flu quite effectively. In some cases, the temperature has been reduced from 104 to 99 degrees within two hours!! According to Dr. Dr. Edward E. Shook, well known herbalist, "there is no remedy for colds and fevers of any description equal to this simple life-saving formula." More Information.
• Psyllium - Boneset Flu Remedy: This remedy is useful for flu as well as for backaches and headaches.
• Peppermint-Rosemary-Elder Flu Remedy: This remedy is good for colds with flu Symptoms.
• Echinacea and goldenseal stimulate the immune sys tem. Goldenseal also helps to soothe mucous membranes. Add 10-15 drops of a combination of echinacea and goldenseal to herbal teas at the first sign of a sniffle to boost the immune system. Take one dose of an echinacea and goldenseal combination remedy supplying 250 to 500 milligrams of echinacea and 150 to 300 milligrams of goldenseal three times daily for five days.
• An infusion of boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) may relieve aches and fever and clear congestion: Simmer 1 cup boiling water with 2 tsp of the herb for 10 to 15 minutes; drink a cupful every hour, as hot as you can stand it.
• A comforting herbal tea may be made from an infusion of equal measures of elderflowers, peppermint and hyssop. Caution: Take only small doses of hyssop (no more than 1-2g three times daily).
• To combat chills, try taking 30 drops of yarrow (Achillea millefolium) or elder (Sambucus nigra) flower tincture every four hours until your chills are gone.
• Use a warming tea made of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Cayenne (Capsicum minimum) and ground Ginger (Zingiber officinalis).
• To help yourself rest and relax, take a cup of chamomile tea twice a day.
• Use inhalations of chamomile, eucalyptus or thyme. These help loosen mucus and heal the throat, nasal passages and bronchial tubes.
• Horsetail inhalations reduce swelling of mucous membranes.
• At the first sign of the flu, begin taking the Chinese botanical formula Yin Qiao. (This remedy usually is not helpful after the third day of symptoms.) Take two or three tablets three times a day, up to twelve tablets in a twenty- four-hour period, during the acute phase of the flu. After the symptoms start to ease, reduce the dosage to one tablet three times daily for one week.
• In a 1995 Israeli study, elderberry extract was found to reduce both the severity of symptoms and the duration of flu (two to three days in the treated group versus six days in the placebo group). Choose an extract standardized to contain 5 percent total flavonoids and take 500 milligrams twice daily.
• Garlic helps to detoxify the body. Take 500 milligrams (or one clove) three times a day for up to five days.
• Take ginger tea. Ginger tea is antiviral and helps break up the mucus and congestion. Ginger tea is excellent if the stomach is affected. To make the tea, boil 2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes. Take a cup as needed.
• Onion or nasturtium inhalations disinfect.
• Ginkgo biloba leaf inhalations kill bacteria and heal the cells of the damaged mucous membranes almost immediately.
• Inhale steam for fifteen minutes three times daily in acute stage. When the condition is improving, inhale steam in the evening before retiring for a week or so to help heat the bronchial passages.
• When feeling more feverish, induce sweating by taking infusions of Catmint (Nepeta cataria) and/or Elderflower (Sambucus nigra).
• To help alleviate and disinfect dry air passages, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of hot water or vaporizer and leave in bedroom overnight. A small handkerchief sprinkled with a few drops of the oil and left under the pillow may help as well.
• At the onset of a flu, drink lindenflower tea with 2 drops of lemon balm oil, thyme tea with honey, rose hip tea or acerola juice. When you start to sweat, quickly go to bed and continue sweating for one hour. Change clothes, rub body dry and try to steep. This therapy often stops the flu before it becomes full blown.
• Gargle regularly with sage tea to disinfect mouth, and use sage inhalations to reduce inflammation.
• Wash body with an infusion of thyme or juniper needles.
• If you are suffering from muscular aching, use an infusion of Boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) alone, or in combination with Catmint (Nepeta cataria) and/or Elderflower (Sambucus nigra).
• Chinese Herbal Formula for Flu - Gan Mao Dan (Common Cold and Flu Pills)
This remedy expels Wind-Heat, reduces fever, relieves chest congestion, and stops cough.
oFever with slight chills
o Red eyes
o Runny nose
o Skin rash
o Sore throat
Ingredients: Lonicera Flower (Flos Lonicerae), Forsythia Fruit (Fructus Forsythiae), Gardenia Fruit (Fructus Gardeniae), Phragmites Rhizome (Rhi- zoma Phragmites), Red Peony Root (Radix Paeonia Rubra), Wooly Grass Rhizome (Rhizoma Imperatae Cylindricae), Soja Seed (Semen Sojae Praeparatum), Mentha Herb (Herba Menthae), Morus Leaf (Herba Mori), Schizonepeta Herb (Herba Schizonepetae), Aster Root (Radix Asteris Tatarici), Platycodon Root (Radix Platycodi), Citrus Peel (pericarpium Citri Reticulatae)
Dosage: 20 pills twice a day.
Important Herbs for Flu
• Echinacea - Echinacea has been a traditional favorite for colds and flu. Double blind studies in Germany have shown that infections with flu-like symptoms clear more rapidly when taking echinacea.1 Echinacea appears to work by stimulating the immune system. Taking 3–5 ml of tincture or 300 mg of dried root powder three times per day is usually recommended.
• Elderberry:- Elderberry is another herb that has been used in treating flu. This herb contains two compounds that are active against flu viruses. It also prevents the virus from invading respiratory tract cells. A patented Israeli drug (Sambucol) that contains elderberry is active against various strains of viruses. In a clinical trial testing Sambucol, twenty percent of flu sufferers who used it showed significant relief of fever, muscle aches and other symptoms within 24 hours, and another 73 percent felt better after the second day. In three days, 90 percent were reported completely cured. In a similar group that received an inactive treatment (a placebo), only 26 percent were improved in two days, and it took most of them six days to feel well again. Sambucol also stimulates the immune system and has shown some activity in preliminary trials against other viruses, such as Epstein-Barr, herpes and even HIV. In a small double blind trial, patients with influenza2 were found to recover three times faster when they took one capsule of elderberry extract four times daily compared to patients taking placebo.
You can take the medication or take the herb by making a tea from the herb: Make elderberry-flower tea by steeping 3 to 5 g of dried flowers in one cup of boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Take 1 cup of this tea 3 times daily. Elderberry flower is generally regarded as safe. Side effects are rare and consist primarily of occasional mild gastrointestinal distress or allergic reactions. Its safety in young children, pregnant or nursing women, or those with severe liver or kidney disease is not established.
• Astragalus - Astragalus root has been used to enhance immunity for thousands of years in China. This herb is considered by herbal practitioners to be a tonic that strengthens the body’s resistance to disease. Astragalus can stimulate practically all of the processes of your immune system. It increases the number of stem cells in bone marrow and speeds their growth into active immune cells. Astragalus also may help boost levels of interferon, one of your body’s potent fighters against viruses. This, in turn, can help prevent or shorten the duration of colds and flu. Astragalus alson boosts the production of white blood cells called macrophages, whose function is to destroy invading viruses and bacteria. As soon as you discover the flu, take one 500- milligram capsule of astragalus four times a day until symptoms disappear. Then take one capsule twice a day for seven days to prevent a relapse.
• Garlic - Garlic is known to kill influenza virus in test tubes.3 It also stimulates the immune system and wards off complications such as bronchitis. Garlic contains several helpful compounds, including allicin, one of the plant kingdom's most potent, broad-spectrum antibiotics. This herb's aromatic compounds are readily released from the lungs and respiratory tract, putting garlic's active ingredients right where they can be most effective against cold viruses. Holistic practitioners often recommend taking several cloves of raw garlic per day during an infection. You can also take aged garlic extract, or consume products such as hot garlic bread or toast.
• Asian ginseng (eleuthero) - Asian ginseng have immune-enhancing properties, which play a potential role in preventing infection with influenza. Boneset has been shown in test tube and other studies to stimulate immune cell function. This may explain boneset’s traditional use to help fight off minor viral infections, such as the flu.
• Wild Indigo - Wild indigo contains polysaccharides and proteins that are believed to stimulate the immune system. It is used traditionally to fight the flu5 in combination with herbs such as echinacea, goldenseal, or thuja.
• Forsythia and honeysuckle - These herbs are used by Oriental Medicine practitioners to treat colds, flu and other viruses. They have real antiviral benefits. At the inception of cold or flu, mix honeysuckle and forsythia with lemon balm tea (lemon balm also has antiviral properties.) Take this tea before going to bed.
• Mullein - A tea made with mullein flowers provides throat-soothing mucilage and also has an expectorant effect. Herbalists think that this plant contains compounds that inhibit flu viruses. You can also make a tea with mullein leaf.
o Lemon balm
o Oregon grape
Nutrition for Flu:
• If you don't feel like eating, do not force yourself. For a day or two, consume only liquids-water, juices, teas, and soups. Digesting liquids requires a lot less energy than digesting foods. This means that your body has more energy to fight the flu.
• Consume easily digested foods such as juices, lemonade (hot or cold), herbal teas, applesauce, and lots of nourishing broth and homemade soups. Miso and chicken soup are good choices.
• Take mushrooms soup. Mushrooms of choice include shiitake, maitake, and reishi mushrooms. They are shown in studies to boost the body's immune response.
• Getting plenty of fluids, including soups, is particularly important. Drink at least six to eight glasses of liquid daily. Fluids help to thin secretions, making it easier for the body to clear them, and also help to prevent constipation and flush toxins from the body.
Sick People Soup - Here is a great soup to take when you are down with cold and flu. It comes from Rosita Arvigo, author of "Rainforest Home Remedies."
o 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
o 1 onion, chopped
o 1 head garlic, chopped
o 3 carrots, sliced
o 3 pieces celery, diced
o 6 Tbsp ginger, grated
o ¼ c miso (soybean paste)
o 2 qts water
o juice of 1 lemon or lime
Boil the vegetables in the water until tender (about thirty minutes), then add ginger and garlic and allow to boil another five minutes. Remove from heat. Take a bit of the hot soup from the pot and mix with the miso to form a thick liquid. Add to the soup and serve. Squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice into the bowl. For added health boosts, add sliced agaricus, reishi, shitake or maitake mushrooms to the boiling vegetables and sprinkle crushed garlic on the soup before serving.
• When there is fever, take liquids only.
• Recommended liquids: Warm broth, vegetable juices and herb teas.
• Avoid dairy products and sugar. They increase and thicken mucus. Avoid a milky drink at night if you have chest problems, since this can contribute to congestion of the chest by morning.
• Red beet juice makes the flu virus inactive.
• Condensed grape juice strengthens the heart muscles.
• Parsley, celery, watercress, garlic, lemon, carrot and coconut juices are nourishing and help to cleanse and promote healing.
• Drink fruit juices after diluting. Limit the intake of sugars.
• Increase the proportion of vitamin C-rich foods in the diet, such as tomatoes, raw green peppers, carrots, strawberries and citrus fruit. This vitamin is easily destroyed by the process of oxidation, so do not leave peeled, chopped fruit or vegetables to stand for a long time before eating. Overcooking also leads to loss of vitamin C, especially if fruit or vegetables are boiled. Vegetables and fruit are best eaten raw, and if vegetables must be cooked, steam them, which preserves essential nutrients.
• Eat fresh, raw fruit and vegetables, whole grains, garlic, pulses, beans, small helpings of fish, nuts and seeds. These foods appear to increase resistance to infection and improve vitality.
• Use unrefined, cold-pressed flax seed oil as a salad dressing. Flax seed oil is an excellent source of the omega-3 essential fatty acid and also contains the omega-6 essential fatty acid. These fats help strengthen cell membranes, thereby speeding healing and strengthening resistance to infection. In the body.
• Eat sea plants or algae. These can re-mineralize the body after overexposure to processed foods. Spirulina, alfalfa, chlorella or seaweeds can be added to soups or juices in powder or capsule form.
• Garlic can also help ward off a cold by inhibiting the growth of staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria.
• Avoid food and drinks that put extra strain on the liver. The liver is responsible for efficient detoxification of the body. The foods to avoid include convenience foods containing substantial amounts of chemicals such as colorings and preservatives, and alcohol, which also depletes the body of vitamin C.
• Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Bioflavonoids - Vitamin C is well-known for treating and preventing colds. Studies show that vitamin C can shorten the duration of common colds and flu and even prevent them. Taken in large enough doses, vitamin C can boost your immune system by pumping enough fuel into white blood cells to destroy invading viruses and bacteria. Vitamin C increases interferon levels and has interferon-like properties itself. It acts as a natural antihistamine that helps dry up watery eyes and reduce nasal and chest congestion. It is also a powerful antioxidant that can help prevent the damage that your body endures when viruses or bacteria attack your immune system. Dockworkers given 100 mg of vitamin C each day for ten months caught influenza 28% less than their coworkers not taking vitamins. Moreover, the average infection was 10% shorter in those taking vitamin C.1 Other studies have reported that vitamin C in high doses (2 grams every hour for twelve hours) can lead to rapid improvement of influenza infections.2, 3
• At the first sign of cold or flu symptoms, take 500 milligrams of vitamin C with bioflavonoids or rose hips four to six times a day. The bioflavonoids and rose hips strengthen the vitamin C’s infection-fighting power by 35 percent, according to experts. Start taking Vitamin C as soon as you can. There are no adverse effects from taking high dosages of vitamin C. If you experience diarrhea, reduce the dosage of Vitamin C. Use bioflavonoids along with vitamin C for their synergistic effect.
• Vitamin A is a nutrient vital to the mucous membranes throughout the respiratory system during a cold or flu. It is known as the anti-infection vitamin. It battles viruses and bacteria in two ways. By keeping the cells healthy all along your respiratory tract, it provides a barrier that resists microorganisms. If some invading microorganisms manage to breach the barrier, you want to have antibodies and lymphocytes ready to destroy them. Vitamin A helps your body provide those reinforcements.
• As soon as you notice cold or flu symptoms, take 100,000 international units (IU) of vitamin A daily for three days, then reduce the dosage to 25,000 IU for one week or until symptoms disappear.
Caution: These are very high doses, please check with your doctor before taking this much.
• Beta-carotene, Vitamin A’s precursor, is rich in antioxidant power and antiviral properties. It bolsters immunity and protects the thymus gland. It also protects you from viruses by enhancing mucous membrane secretions. By producing the secretions, the beta-carotene prevents the virus from invading your body. If you feel a cold or flu coming on, take 100,000 IU of beta-carotene for 10 to 14 days, then cut the dosage to 50,000 IU a day to prevent future respiratory infections.
• Zinc - Zinc supplementation is recommended for immune system support. Zinc lozenges soothe a sore throat and help fend off a cold before it takes hold. Zinc stimulates the immune system by generating new white blood cells and whipping them into shape to battle viruses. If you have too little zinc, your production of white blood cells may drop, and that can increase your risk of catching a cold, flu, or other upper respiratory infection. In one study, children who got 10 milligrams of zinc daily for 60 days were much less likely to get respiratory infections than children getting less. In fact, the children who got enough zinc were 70 percent less likely to have fevers, 48 percent less likely to have coughs, and 28 percent less likely to have mucus buildup.
• Take 5 to 10 milligrams of zinc five times daily for five days to one week. Take zinc with food to prevent stomach upset. Be careful not to consume too much zinc. Doctors recommend taking no more than 15 milligrams of zinc a day. Zinc gluconate in lozenge form has been found to shorten the duration of cold symptoms. In a study, participants who sucked on one zinc gluconate lozenge (containing about 13 milligrams of zinc) every two hours while awake got rid of their coughs, nasal congestion, sore throat, and headaches three to four days sooner than those who didn’t get any supplementation. Don’t take them for longer than one week, because they can weaken your immune system.
• Garlic - Garlic is very beneficial especially at the beginning of a cold of flu. It warms the body and acts as an antiviral and antibacterial.
• Thymus glandular extract boosts immune function by increasing the number and activity of infection-fighting white blood cells. Take 250 to 500 milligrams twice a day. This is especially important for people over forty, as thymus function declines with age.
o Vitamin C, with bioflavonoids, 1,000 mg every few hours throughout the day, up to bowel tolerance
o Zinc lozenges, with 3 mg copper, every few hours, up to 70 mg daily during a cold and 30 mg daily as a preventive.
o Garlic, 2 capsules three times daily
o Vitamin A, 25,000 IU daily (avoid during pregnancy)
Live long, live healthy, live happy!
Required disclaimer: The author is not a qualified medical professional and the information in this article has not been evaluated by the FDA. Nothing in this article page is intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Anyone who has a medical condition should first see a qualified doctor, preferably a qualified naturopathic doctor or one who has been trained in integrative medicine.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Common sense says that the higher the statin dose with its resulting fall in cholesterol, the greater the side effect problem, right? If you said right, you are wrong and if you said wrong you are wrong. The results of this study proved to be interesting.
We have learned that the benefit of statin drugs on atherosclerosis with its stroke and heart attacks is not due to cholesterol reduction but to the powerful anti-inflammatory effect of statins.
Atherosclerosis is now considered by most to be an inflammatory process. Cholesterol, our former villain, is now felt to be irrelevant and is there in the plaques solely as an innocent bystander to the body's inflammatory response. And one of the concerns about this new anti-inflammatory role of statins is that it is mediated through inhibition of nuclear factor-kappa B, a transcriptase vital not only to our body's inflammatory response but also our entire immunodefence system. To inhibit inflammation therefore must also inhibit our ability to neutralize viruses, bacteria and mutagenic cells. You cannot have one without the other. If you lower heart attack death rates by the use of statins, you increase cancer death rates. And that is exactly what Alawi and his group found................
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Homemade Mint Tooth Paste
6 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda (pure baking soda)
1/3 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons glycerin
15 drops peppermint
Mix thoroughly. Should be a tooth paste consistency. For flavor you can add a few drops of peppermint or wintergreen. Store in a container. You'll be surprised with how fresh your mouth feels.
Ben Franklin's Toothpaste
Mix into a paste and rub on teeth for whiteness.
Hydrogen peroxide (a few drops)
Bicarbonate of soda
Make a paste by combining the two ingredients. Use this paste on your teeth and also gently rub along your gums two times a week.
Homemade Mint Tooth Paste
6 teaspoons baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons glycerin
15 drops peppermint
Mix thoroughly. Should be a tooth paste consistency. For flavor you can add a few drops of peppermint or wintergreen. Store in a container. You'll be surprised with how fresh your mouth feels.
1/4 tsp peppermint oil
1/4 tsp spearmint
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/4 cup powdered orrisroot
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ground sage
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add water until paste is desired thickness / consistency. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered jar. Substitute 1/2 tsp each of oil of cinnamon and oil of cloves for peppermint/spearmint if desired.
Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
2 Tbsp dried lemon or orange rind
1/4 cup bicarbonate of soda
2 Tsp salt
Place rinds in food processor, grind until peel becomes a fine powder. Add bicarbonate of soda and salt then process a few seconds more until you have a fine powder. Store in an airtight tin or jar. Dip moistened toothbrush into mixture, brush as usual.
1 Tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 Tsp hydrogen peroxide
1 drop oil of peppermint
Mix to make a paste, dip toothbrush into mixture, brush as usual.
1 Tsp of the Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
1/4 Tsp Hydrogen peroxide
Mix into a paste and brush as usual.
Strawberry Tooth Cleanser
1 Tsp of the above Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
1 Tbsp crushed ripe strawberries
Mix strawberries and powder into a paste and brush as usual.
Vanilla & Rose Geranium Toothpaste
1/2 ounce powdered chalk
3 ounces powdered orris root
4 teaspoons of tincture of vanilla
15 drops oil of rose geranium
Honey, enough to make a paste
Combine all ingredients and mix until you have a paste the consistency you like. Store in an airtight container. Use a clean stick (popsicle) to scoop paste onto brush. Store the stick in same container.
Simple toothpaste mixture
Bicarbonate of soda
Mix 3 parts bicarbonate of soda with one part salt. Add 3 tsp of glycerine for every 1/4 cup of this mixture, then add enough water to make a thick paste. Add a few drops of peppermint oil for better taste
Clean your teeth with a fresh strawberry. Rub it over and between your teeth.
Bicarbonate of soda. Not baking powder. Use to brush your teeth, follow with dental floss and then use toothpaste that contains no fluoride.
Wood ash. Wood ash whitens your teeth is because it contains potassium hydroxide (a.k.a. lye). However, only hard wood ash contains significant concentrations of potassium hydroxide, soft wood ash does not. Be sure to follow with a toothpaste that contains no fluoride. You may want to exercise caution when using hard wood ash too often as a tooth whitening agent. The harshness of the potassium hydroxide could significantly damage your teeth over time.
Strawberries. Mash a few strawberries in a bowl until you achieve a paste-like consistency and use this to brush your teeth, just as you would toothpaste. Be sure to follow with a toothpaste that contains no fluoride. Whitens really well
Fresh crunchy veggies. Eating fresh crunchy veggies and fruits such as: carrots, broccoli, celery, apples, strawberries, and cucumbers can help whiten your teeth.
Hydrogen Peroxide. Before brushing your teeth gargle with a small capful of peroxide, concentrating it on your teeth (don't swallow), and rinse thoroughly with water. You may dilute the peroxide 50-50 with water if you cannot stand it full strength. You should see results in about a week or so.
Do NOT use lemon or baking powder, as these can damage your teeth, as any dental professional can tell you. Most teeth whitening methods should not be continued for prolonged periods or the enamel may be damaged. Also, remember that any food or beverage that can stain a white t-shirt, can stain your teeth.
To help combat and prevent gum disease, add some CoQ10 to your homemade toothpastes
(from my book, "Collected Home & Herbal Remedies")
Live long, live healthy, live happy!
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
- Thomas Edison
The author, Tony Isaacs, is a natural health researcher and author of books and articles about natural health including "Cancer's Natural Enemy" as well as song lyrics and humorous anecdotal stories. Mr. Isaacs also has The Best Years in Life website for baby boomer's and others wishing to live longer, healthier and happier lives and he serves as a featured writer and consultant to the nationally famous Utopia Silver colloidal silver and natural supplement company
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
1. Sugar suppresses the immune system.
2. Sugar upsets the minerals in the body.
3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection.
6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you lose.
7. Sugar reduces high-density lipoproteins.
8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
9. Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostrate and rectum.
10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
13. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
14. Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.
15. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
16. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive track.
17. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
18. Sugar malabsorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
19. Sugar can cause aging.
20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
22. Sugar contributes to obesity.
23. High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn's Disease, and ulcerative colitis.
24. Sugar can cause changes frequently found in person with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
25. Sugar can cause arthritis.
26. Sugar can cause asthma.
27. Sugar can cause Candida Albicans (yeast infections)
28. Sugar can cause gallstones.
29. Sugar can cause ischemic heart disease.
30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
31. Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.
32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
35. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
36. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
38. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
39. Sugar leads to decreased glucose tolerance.
40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
41. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
42. Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.
43. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
44. Sugar can cause migraine headaches.
45. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
46. Sugar causes food allergies.
47. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
48. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
49. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
50. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
51. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA
52. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
53. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
54. Sugar can cause cataracts.
55. Sugar can cause emphysema.
56. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
57. Sugar can promote an elevation of low-density proteins (LDL).
58. Sugar can cause free radical in the blood stream.
59. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function.
60. Sugar can cause loss of tissue elasticity and function.
61. Sugar can cause a permanent altering the way the proteins act in the body.
62. Sugar can increase the size of the liver by making the liver cells divide.
63. Sugar can increase the amount of liver fat.
64. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
65. Sugar can damage the pancreas.
66. Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
67. Sugar is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.
68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).
69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
70. Sugar can make the make the tendons more brittle.
71. Sugar can cause headaches.
72. Sugar can over-stress the pancreas.
73. Sugar can adversely affect school children's grades.
74. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha and theta brain waves.
75. Sugar can cause depression.
76. Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.
77. Sugar and cause dyspepsia (indigestion).
78. Sugar can increase your risk of getting gout.
79. The ingestion of sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the ingestion of complex carbohydrates.
80. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
81 Sugar increases bacterial fermentation in the colon.
82. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of two blood proteins, albumin and lipoproteins, which may reduce the body’s ability to handle fat and cholesterol.
83. There is a greater risk for Crohn's disease with people who have a high intake of sugar.
84. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.
85. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
86. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
87. Sugar can lead to the hypothalamus to become highly sensitive to a large variety of stimuli.
88. Sugar can lead to dizziness.
89. High sucrose diet significantly increases serum insulin.
90. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly increases platelet adhesion.
91. High sugar diet can lead to biliary tract cancer.
92. High sugar diets tend to be lower in antioxidant micronutrients.
93. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold-increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
94. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents with high sugar diets.
95. Sugar slows food's travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.
96. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
97. Diets high in sugar can increase fasting blood glucose.
98. Sugar combines and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more difficult.
99. Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.
100. Sugar is an addictive substance.
101. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
102. Sugar can exacerbate PMS.
103. Sugar suppresses lymphocytes.
104. Decrease in sugar can increase emotional stability.
105. The body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.
106. The rapid absorption of glucose promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.
107. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit disorder (ADD).
108. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.
109. Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function.
110. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.
111. Adolescents consuming high sugar diets are at increased risk for delivering small-for-gestational-age infants.
112. High sucrose intake could be an important risk factor in lung carcinogenesis.
113. Sugar increases the risk of polio.
114. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.
115. Sugar is an addictive substance.
116. Intensive Care Units: Sugar limit saves lives
117. Sugar feeds cancer cells.
118. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
119. I.Vs (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to the brain.
120. Sugar increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.
121. Sugar can lower the amount of Vitamin E in the blood.
122. Sugar can cause free radicals in the blood stream.
123. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer's disease.
124. Sugar given to premature babies often produces high blood sugar, causing them to lose precious sugar, water and salts through the urine, putting them at risk for dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.
125. Sugar given to premature babies can also affect the amount of carbon dioxide premature infants produce, exacerbating problems for those with lung disorders.
126. High sugar diets are linked to violence in prisoners.
Good sugar substitutes: Stevia and Lo Han, both commonly found in health food stores and many grocers